Intro to Defensive Pistol
Introduction to Defensive Pistol is designed to introduce fundamental defensive pistol tactics. The techniques taught in this class are based on defensive tactics and real-world gun-handling skills. This is a two-hour, non-shooting class and is the prerequisite to the Defensive Pistol Courses.
This is a SEMI-AUTOMATIC pistol ONLY class and is designed to introduce fundamental defensive pistol tactics that will be consistent with techniques taught in all of our Centerfire Courses. Continuity during training is essential to being able to perform in a high-stress environment.
The class is held in our training room and will involve the use of UNLOADED firearms and support gear. The techniques taught in this class are based on defensive tactics and real-world gun-handling skills. The subject matter is serious and the training can be physically demanding. Students must display the correct attitude towards safety and responsible use of their firearms at all times.
Other goals of this course are for the student to have an opportunity to “test” their support gear, concealment garment, and holster BEFORE conducting live-fire exercises. It is extremely common for students to discover flaws in their carry method once they begin working with a holster, magazine pouch and from concealment. This class acts as an audition for the chosen firearm and support gear BEFORE moving on to the Defensive Pistol Course.
- A serviceable SEMI-AUTOMATIC handgun for concealed carry preferably 9mm or larger.
- At least 2 spare magazines
- A good quality holster for the handgun will remain open after the firearm is drawn. Strong-side hip holsters are advised, either inside the waistband or outside the waistband. No cross-draw or shoulder holsters, please.
- A good quality belt that will support the holster.
- Good quality magazine pouch
Trousers ( pants for the ladies ) that have belt loops….for the belt
- Concealment garment ( vest or jacket )
- (5) dummy rounds of appropriate caliber to your chosen handgun. Please DO NOT get plastic ones they will not survive the class.
- Course Pricing: $30.00