Centerfire Shooting Sports is a licensed firearm Class 3 FFL dealer in Kansas. We can assist you with all your FFL transfer needs. We strive to make certain your FFL transfer goes efficiently. We’ve helped hundreds of consumers successfully transfer their weapons or lower receivers without issues. Wanting to transfer a gun right into or out of the state of Kansas? Centerfire Shooting Sports is the best FFL dealer in Kansas.

What is a Federal Firearms License (FFL)?

A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license in the USA that makes it possible for a business or an individual to take part in the manufacture or importation of guns and ammunition, or the interstate and intrastate sales of guns. Holding an FFL to take part in certain such activities has been a legal requirement within the United States because of the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968. The FFL is provided by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE, commonly called the “ATF”).

The Federal Firearms License was established to carry out the Gun Control Act of 1968. The 1968 act was an upgrade or revision of the Federal Firearms Act of 1938 (FFA), which required all manufacturers and dealers of firearms who deliver or receive firearms or ammunition in foreign or interstate commerce to have a license, and forbade them from transferring any gun or the majority of ammunition to anybody interstate unless specific conditions were satisfied.

Looking For A Class 3 FFL Dealers Near You?

Centerfire Shooting Sports in Olathe Kansas have been helping clients with their gun requirements since 2012. Our specialty is on concealed carry type firearms and rifles and gun safety training. Let us help you with those unique orders or out-of-state firearm transfers into Kansas. We can often match or beat the majority of the huge online gun retailer’s prices.

What Is The FFL Kansas Transfer Process?

To initiate an FFL Transfer with Centerfire Shooting Sports, please review the following based on your scenario.

  • Purchases from a gun dealer: Once you make your firearm purchase, send an email to with the seller’s contact information (preferably their email address), your name, the type of firearm you purchased, and we can forward them a copy of our FFL. Once they have that, they will be able to ship it out.
  • Non-Dealer Individuals: We accept transfers from private individuals, so long as they provide a photocopy of their driver’s license and a contact phone number enclosed with the package. Packages that arrive without that information will be sent to an FFL dealer near the sender.

Once your firearm or lower receiver has been transferred to us, we will call you for pickup.

What Does A Kansas FFL License Transfer Cost?

We do use transfer services, nevertheless, you may save money purchasing straight from us. If you are looking for something specific, please contact us prior to purchasing elsewhere.

FFL Transfer Fees at Centerfire Shooting Sports are:

  • $30 Per Item for non-Range Members 
  • $25 Per Item for Range Members 
  • $100 Per Item for NFA Transfers.

How Does FFL Transfer From Kansas To Another State Work?

If you’re buying a gun or lower receiver from our online gun shop, and you live outside of Kansas, your order will be delivered to a licensed FFL Dealer in your state. Find an FFL Dealer near you and we can happily help you with your FFL Transfer. We can also assist you with finding an FFL Dealer near you.

Abandoned Firearm Policy
All firearm transfers not completed within 30 days will be charged a $50 per month storage fee plus the $30 transfer processing fee. If return shipping is needed that will be the responsibility of the purchasing party.

After 120 days from receipt, the firearm will be considered abandoned. No exceptions made except for military deployment or with prior consent.