This is a 2 Day Course
Day 1 Classroom – 5:30PM to 9:30PM
Day 2 Range – 5:30PM to 9:30PM
Basic Defensive Pistol -This is an 8 hour course limited to 8 students. This is a high intensity course that involves the use of advanced handgun skills! Students must complete the Into to Defensive Pistol Course or comparable training PRIOR to signing up for this class. The primary goal of this course is to develop the defensive knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to surviving a lethal threat or confrontation. Instruction is presented in 5 lessons: Safety and Range Etiquette Review; Defensive Shooting Techniques; Defensive Loading Considerations and Techniques; Draw to the Ready Position; and Use of the Ready Position.
The course is designed for SEMI-AUTOMATIC pistols ONLY and will include both classroom presentations and live fire range exercises. A combination of Dry Practice, Shooting Drills covering – singles, pairs, and failure/malfunctions, Cadence of Fire, and Weapon Retention, will help instill the “Defensive Mindset” in the graduates.
- Serviceable SEMI-AUTOMATIC handgun for concealed carry preferably 9mm or larger.
- At least 3 spare magazines
- Good quality holster for the handgun that will remain open after the firearm is drawn. Strong side hip holsters are advised, either inside the waist band or outside the waist band. No cross-draw or shoulder holsters please.
- Good quality belt that will support the holster.
- Good quality magazine pouch
- 300 rounds of quality ammunition for the handgun.
- Billed cap
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Trousers ( pants for the ladies ) that have belt loops….for the belt
- Long sleeved shirts with snug collars are recommended
- Concealment garment ( vest or jacket )
- (5) dummy rounds of appropriate caliber to your chosen handgun. Please DO NOT get plastic ones they will not survive the class.